Natural Facials at Spa Nautica in Marina del Rey, Calif.
Even if you don’t live near the beach, in sunny southern California, it’s dry skin central. Maybe I had one too many margaritas last week, but my hair and face feel especially dry and nothing seems to help. I’ve tried oiling my hair follicles, slathering cuticle creams on my stems, steaming my pores with rose oil…
Enter environmentally-conscious Spa Nautica at The Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey, which utilizes quality, all-organic products and vegan-based treatments in their new Organic Treatment line. You can renew your state of well-being while promoting harmony with nature. On the harbor between Venice Beach and Marina del Rey, Spa Nautica features a full-service menu with seven treatment rooms, a nail salon and outdoor treatments. Headliner facials highlight hydrating natural coconut oils and local fruit acids — citrus trees abound — and the vegan skincare line from Spain.
The light-as-air aromatics of Natura Bissé products are fruity and delightful. Infuse every pore with a blast of pure oxygen in their O2 Reboot Facial (60 minutes; $145). This highly detoxifying treatment is excellent for big city goers, frequent flyers, smokers and anyone looking for a skin refresh. The formula penetrates the skin and releases pure molecules into the epidermal layer to re-energize natural cellular functions and eliminate toxins. Other treats:
Editor’s Pick: Magnetic Skin Therapy (60 minutes; $155)
• The treatment begins with aromatic deep breathing to cleanse the body and deepen relaxation.
• Your therapist applies cleansing milk to your face, neck and décolleté, including rose, lemon and grape seed. A mineral-based exfoliating wash follows.
• The cleansing milk is removed with a sponge in upward circular motions for toning.
• Next, a toner is selected based on skin type, and applied to your face with a sponge.
• Enzyme Exfoliation is gentle — nothing scrapes the skin. The yogurt power peel smells like edible springtime.
• Luxuriate in an essential oils massage on your face, neck, shoulder, arms and hands.
• A serum and soothing mask is applied (it has magnetic properties and rich ingredients to extract “environmental debris and negative charges”).
• Wet gauze loosens the mask, and your therapist applies skin type specific moisturizer. Divine.
If you’ve already visited Santa Monica and Manhattan Beach, explore the West Side and stop by Spa Nautica at the The Ritz Carlton, 4375 Admiralty Way in Marina del Rey, Calif. Don’t skip lunch or the crab cakes.
Do you steam your own face to tighten the pores?
Photo courtesy of Spa Nautica
Tags: beauty, green resorts, natural beauty, summer travel